An old concept to deal with infectious diseases is resulting in new changes across the globe. The One Health Initiative "seeks to promote,
5 Summer Safety Tips:
1. Make sure your pet has a tag with your up-to-date contact info
2. Schedule walks in the early morning or evening and never leave pets in the car on hot days
3. Be careful around water, not all dogs are great swimmers!
4. Give monthly heartworm pills and apply flea and tick preventative
5. Keep pets off of chemically treated lawns and store fertilizers in a secure location
Dr. Porter's son, Bennett Jay Porter V oversees the gilded updating of the historical granite marker in the Westgate Pet Clinic Garden. The marker reads 'In Memory of Bennett and Edith Porter, Pioneers in Minnesota Veterinary Medical History'.
This was Bennett V's great-great Grandfather and grandmother. Read more about the history of Westgate under About Us.